DISCLAIMER: Everyone experiences a different reaction to the procedure. This is a general after care for the majority of donors.
- The egg donor will rest for an hour or two at the clinic after retrieval so AFMC is able to monitor the egg donor while the effects of anesthesia are wearing off. Once the anesthesia has worn off, a friend or family member is able to drive the donor home.
- It is highly recommended the trusted individual stays with the egg donor for the rest of the day, in the unlikely event that complications arise.
- The donor can return to their normal routine one day after retrieval, except for physically strenuous activity or exercise.
- A post-retrieval sonogram with the monitoring clinic will be scheduled 7 – 10 days following the egg retrieval procedure. Compensation will be mailed after physician clearance is given.
- There is no after care needed for Sperm Donation.